We only need 2 pieces of information from you.
Specify your location to receive regionalized information.
You searched in services/administrative services.
Applying for admission as a European lawyer to the Bar Association
Source: Zuständigkeitsfinder Schleswig-Holstein (Linie6PLus)
A European lawyer who has been admitted to the Bar Association responsible for the place where he/she is established is entitled to practise as a lawyer in Germany under the professional title of his/her home country (established European lawyer).
In order to be admitted to the Bar, the applicant must be registered as a European lawyer with the competent authority in the country of origin.
Who should I contact?
To the Schleswig-Holstein Bar Association in Schleswig.
Which documents are required?
- Proof of citizenship of a member state of the European Union or another state party to the Agreement on the European Economic Area or Switzerland,
- Certificate from the competent authority in the country of origin confirming that the European lawyer belongs to this profession (preferably not older than three months),
- Proof of professional liability insurance, either through an insurance policy taken out in Germany or an equivalent insurance policy in the country of origin.
Please contact the competent office indicated for any further evidence you may need to submit.
What are the fees?
According to the scale of fees of the Schleswig-Holstein Bar Association, a fee of EUR 255.00 is charged.
- §§ Sections 2 - 7 of the Act on the Activities of European Lawyers in Germany (EuRAG),
- § Section 31 of the Federal Lawyers' Act (BRAO).
Applications / forms
You can obtain an application form from the responsible office.
What else should I know?
The established European lawyer shall use the professional title that he/she is entitled to use in the home state in accordance with the law applicable there. Any person who is entitled to use the professional title "Rechtsanwalt" or "Rechtsanwalt" must also indicate the professional organization to which he/she belongs in his/her home state.
The established European lawyer is also entitled to use the designation "member of the Bar Association" in professional dealings. The designation "European lawyer" may not be used as a professional designation or in advertising.
The text was automatically translated based on the German content.