We only need 2 pieces of information from you.
Specify your location to receive regionalized information.
You searched in services/administrative services.
Public appointment and swearing-in of samplers
Source: Zuständigkeitsfinder Schleswig-Holstein (Linie6PLus)
As a sampler, you test the quality, quantity, weight or correct packaging of goods in production and in the movement of goods. If you can demonstrate special expertise, personal suitability and the necessary independence, you can be publicly appointed and sworn in.
You thereby subject yourself to additional professional and objectivity obligations.
The purpose of the public appointment is to provide courts, authorities and the public with particularly competent and personally suitable experts whose statements are particularly credible.
The public appointment is a special seal of quality under public law for Experts in Germany. There is no higher qualification in the field of expert activities.
Administrations and courts should preferentially commission these experts. However, they are also available to the economy and private clients.
In addition to all chambers of industry and commerce, other professional chambers such as chambers of engineers, architects or chambers of agriculture and other state bodies are also authorised to publicly appoint experts in some federal states.
The contact details of the publicly appointed and sworn experts are published in uniform directories.
The designation "publicly appointed and sworn" is legally protected.
The procedure is very complex and varies slightly depending on the subject area. It is advisable to seek personal advice from the relevant chamber before submitting your application.
- The application form must be completed in full, signed and submitted with all the required attachments.
- You must apply for the certificate of good conduct for submission to an authority in accordance with § 30 Para. 5 BZRG at your registration office.
- The Chamber will request advance payments on fees and expenses.
- The IHK will check the documents you have submitted for completeness and compliance with the minimum formal requirements.
- In a personal interview, your personal suitability will be assessed after evaluating the submitted references. If necessary, other committees or boards will be involved.
- The Chamber commissions independent experts to evaluate your expertise. For this purpose, the expert opinions and work samples to be submitted by you will be reviewed.
In addition, depending on the subject area, a written examination and a technical discussion or a practical examination are carried out.
- Taking into account the professional assessment, the IHK then makes the final decision.
- Through education and training as well as professional experience, you have acquired a level of expertise that is well above the average.
- You have also already provided expert services in your field for several years.
- You are mentally and physically capable of fulfilling the requirements for experts in your field.
- There must be no reason to doubt your independence and objectivity. You live in orderly economic circumstances. You are impartial and independent.
- Further requirements result from the expert regulations of the respective competent chamber and the appointment requirements of your field of expertise.
Which documents are required?
- Professional career
- Copies of certificates, education and training certificates
- Professional and personal references
- Certificate of good conduct for submission to an authority
- Expert opinions and work samples
- List of the expert opinions you have produced in your requested field in the last two years
- Declaration of financial and economic independence
- Declaration of exemption from the employer
Please enquire at the chamber responsible for you whether you need to submit further documents.
What are the fees?
Fees vary and are set by individual chambers. Fee range: EUR 500 - 3,500.In addition, there are the expenses for expert panels and information: EUR 1,000 - 2,000
What deadlines do I have to pay attention to?
- A public appointment and swearing-in is made for a limited period of time in accordance with the Expert Regulations, for a maximum of five years.
- On application, an appointment may be renewed if the applicant can again prove his personal suitability and special expertise.
The necessary examinations are extensive and can take between approximately six and twelve months, depending on the area of appointment.
- In some federal states, an objection must first be filed.
- Administrative court action
- Specific details can be found in the instructions on appeals in the original decision.
Applications / forms
- Forms: none
- Online procedure possible: no
- Written form required: yes
- Personal appearance required: yes
Information on contact persons, chambers and appointment requirements can be found on the website of the
Directory of Experts
You can find the Chamber of Industry and Commerce responsible for you here: Chamber of Industry and Commerce Jurisdiction Finder
The text was automatically translated based on the German content.
Technically approved by
Association of German Chambers of Industry and Commerce
Professionally released on