We only need 2 pieces of information from you.
Specify your location to receive regionalized information.
You searched in services/administrative services.
Tax consultant: Examination - Exemption
Source: Zuständigkeitsfinder Schleswig-Holstein (Linie6PLus)
According to the Tax Consultancy Act (StBerG), professors are exempt from the tax consultant examination:
- Professors who have taught for at least ten years at a German university in the field of taxes administered by the federal or state tax authorities,
- former tax judges who have worked for at least ten years in the field of taxes administered by the federal or state tax authorities,
- former civil servants in the higher and senior civil service and comparable employees.
Who should I contact?
To the Chamber of Tax Consultants of the country in which you work full-time or have your (predominant) place of residence.
Which documents are required?
The application must be accompanied by
- Curriculum vitae with detailed personal and professional details,
- passport photo,
- Certificate from a German university, the most recent official authority or the head of the parliamentary group on the nature and duration of the activity
(or teaching activity as a professor) in the field of taxes administered by the federal or state tax authorities.
The certificate must contain information on
- The period of employment (start/end of employment),
- the type of employment relationship (e.g. employee, civil servant),
- the working hours (number of hours per week),
- the type and scope of activity in the area of taxes administered by the federal or state tax authorities
- periods of career interruption of more than a temporary nature (e.g. parental leave, leave of absence, military or civilian service, extended periods of illness).
What are the fees?
A fee of 200.00 euros will be charged.
What deadlines do I have to pay attention to?
Detailed information on the deadlines can be obtained from the responsible office.
- §§ Sections 38 et seq. of the Tax Consultancy Act (StBerG),
- Ordinance on the Implementation of the Regulations on Tax Consultants, Tax Agents and Tax Consultancy Companies (DVStB).
What else should I know?
Further information can be found on the website of the Chamber of Tax Consultants.
The text was automatically translated based on the German content.