We only need 2 pieces of information from you.
Specify your location to receive regionalized information.
You searched in services/administrative services.
Legal services based on special expertise: Pension advice - Registration
Source: Zuständigkeitsfinder Schleswig-Holstein (Linie6PLus)
Pension advice is an area of legal services. If you wish to provide pension advice in the following areas, you must register with the competent authority and be entered in the legal services register:
- statutory pension and accident insurance,
- social compensation law,
- other social security and disability law relating to statutory pensions and occupational pensions.
You must be personally suitable and reliable. Important benchmarks for the required reliability are previous experience (in particular any criminal offenses) and financial circumstances. You will also need proof of special expertise (theoretical and practical) in the relevant areas of law. Professional liability insurance with a minimum sum insured of 250,000.00 euros for each insured event must be taken out.
Natural and legal persons as well as companies without legal personality can be registered. The application can be limited to one or more of the above-mentioned areas of law. If necessary for the protection of legal practitioners or legal transactions, registration may be made subject to conditions or linked to requirements.
Who should I contact?
To the President of the Higher Regional Court of Schleswig-Holstein.
Which documents are required?
Registration takes place upon application.
The application must include proof of special expertise (theoretical and practical) in the relevant areas of law. It must also include
- A summary of the professional training course and previous professional practice,
- Certificate of good conduct in accordance with § 30 para. 5 of the Federal Central Register Act,
- Declaration as to whether insolvency proceedings are pending or whether an entry has been made in a debtor register (Section 26 (2) of the Insolvency Code, Section 915 of the Code of Civil Procedure) in the three years prior to the application,
- Declaration as to whether registration or admission to the legal profession has been refused, withdrawn or revoked or exclusion from the legal profession has occurred in the last three years prior to the application and, if this is the case, a copy of the decision,
- proof of professional liability insurance.
What are the fees?
There are fees for registration in accordance with the Legal Services Act amounting to EUR 150.00 (plus expenses where applicable).
- §§ Sections 5, 10, 12, 13, 15 of the Act on Extrajudicial Legal Services (Legal Services Act - RDG),
- §§ Sections 4, 5 of the Act on Costs in Matters of Judicial Administration (Judicial Administration Costs Act - JVKostG).
What else should I know?
Anyone who is legally established in another member state of the European Union or in another state party to the Agreement on the European Economic Area (EEA) for the purpose of practicing a profession associated with the provision of legal services may, under certain conditions, practice this profession temporarily and occasionally in Germany.
General information on courts and judicial authorities can also be found on the website of the state government of Schleswig-Holstein.
The Bundesverband der Rentenberater e.V. (Federal Association of Pension Consultants) offers courses in cooperation with other institutions to obtain registration under the Legal Services Act.
The text was automatically translated based on the German content.