We only need 2 pieces of information from you.
Specify your location to receive regionalized information.
You searched in services/administrative services.
Apply for a commercial permit for the handling and transportation of explosive substances
Source: Zuständigkeitsfinder Schleswig-Holstein (Linie6PLus)
If you want to handle or transport explosive substances in the commercial sector, you need a permit from the local explosives authority.
Activities in connection with explosive substances have a high risk potential. The aim of the Explosives Act is to protect people and property from these dangers.
In order to prevent accidents and misuse, the Explosives Act places high demands on persons who wish to handle explosive substances.
These include the following proofs:
- Age (at least 21 years old)
- reliability and
- specialist knowledge.
As part of the proof of reliability, information is obtained from other authorities, such as the police, the public prosecutor's office and the constitutional protection authority.
As an entrepreneur, you require a permit to handle and trade the following explosive substances, for example:
- Explosives, for example. Explosives or pyrotechnic sets
- NC powder (nitrocellulose powder) or black powder
- Stage pyrotechnics/technical pyrotechnics
- Category F3 and F4 fireworks,
- Category F2 fireworks listed as requiring a permit in accordance with the First Ordinance to the Explosives Act, e.g. with flashbangs
The official permit ensures that only persons who meet the requirements for safe handling have access to explosive substances.
If necessary, when applying for a commercial permit, the competent authority will ask you for further information on the available storage options for explosive substances.
In order to obtain a permit to handle and transport explosive substances, you must meet the following requirements:
- You must be 21 years of age or older to handle explosive substances.
- You must have specialist knowledge. Proof of specialist knowledge is provided in the form of a certificate attesting to successful participation in a state or state-recognized training course.
- They must be reliable. The required reliability is normally given if you have previously behaved in accordance with the law and have no criminal record.
- You must be personally suitable. You are personally suitable if you have no restrictions, for example in terms of mental or physical health or due to drug or alcohol addiction.
- You must have suitable rooms or storage facilities for safekeeping.
Which documents are required?
- Valid identity card or passport
- Proof of expertise or proven competent person (certificate of competence holder)
- Description of the intended storage (e.g. technical documentation, photographic evidence, storage plan)
- For checking the reliability of persons from abroad:
- You will need a certificate in the form of a certified translation from the competent judicial or administrative authority in your home country or country of origin regarding certain facts that are relevant to the assessment of your reliability (e.g. criminal record extract).
Regional explosives authorities may require further documents.
What deadlines do I have to pay attention to?
If you have received a permit, you must start working within one year. Otherwise the permit will expire. If you do not carry out the activity for at least two years, the permit will also expire.
Consultation period: 1 MonthFor objection and complaint
What else should I know?
There are no indications or special features.
The text was automatically translated based on the German content.
Technically approved by
Federal Ministry of the Interior and for Home Affairs (BMI)
Professionally released on