We only need 2 pieces of information from you.
Specify your location to receive regionalized information.
You searched in services/administrative services.
Master craftsman examination: Admission
Source: Zuständigkeitsfinder Schleswig-Holstein (Linie6PLus)
To be able to take a master craftsman examination, you must submit an application for admission to the master craftsman examination board.
- Passed journeyman's examination
- in the craft requiring a license in which the master craftsman examination is to be taken, or
- in a related craft requiring a license or
- a corresponding final examination in a recognized training occupation or
- a passed examination in accordance with § 45 or § 51a Para. 1 in conjunction with Para. 2 of the Crafts Code (HwO).
Anyone who has passed another journeyman's examination or another final examination in a recognized training occupation and has worked for several years in the craft requiring approval in which the master craftsman's examination is to be taken is also to be admitted to the master craftsman's examination. The following must be counted towards the period of professional activity
- the successful completion of a technical college
- one year in the case of one-year technical colleges,
- two years in the case of technical colleges lasting several years,
- work as a self-employed person, foreman or in a similar position in the craft requiring a license in which the master craftsman's examination is to be taken,
- practical experience equivalent to that of a journeyman in the craft requiring a license in which the master craftsman examination is to be taken.
In exceptional cases and with proof of foreign educational qualifications and periods of professional activity abroad, you may be fully or partially exempted from the above requirements.
Admission is granted by the chairman of the master craftsman examination committee. If the chairman does not consider the admission requirements to be met, the examination board will decide.
Admission requirements for non-licensed trades and similar trades:
Anyone who has passed a journeyman's examination or a final examination in a recognized training occupation may be admitted.
Who should I contact?
To the responsible Chamber of Crafts (HWK).
Which documents are required?
Application for admission from the respective Chamber of Skilled Crafts with proof of training qualification and, if applicable, further professional documents.
What deadlines do I have to pay attention to?
The application for admission can be submitted at any time. Participation in the master craftsman examination is only possible once admission has been granted.
§ Section 49 of the Crafts Code (Handwerksordnung - HwO).
Applications / forms
You can find the application form on the website of the relevant Chamber of Crafts.
What else should I know?
Further information on the master craftsman examination can be found on the website of the Schleswig-Holstein Chamber of Crafts.
The text was automatically translated based on the German content.