We only need 2 pieces of information from you.
Specify your location to receive regionalized information.
You searched in services/administrative services.
Craft roll: exemption permit for nationals of EU member states
Source: Zuständigkeitsfinder Schleswig-Holstein (Linie6PLus)
The Chamber of Crafts grants exemptions in accordance with the EU/EEA Crafts Regulation (EU/EWR HwV). A national of the Member States of the European Union or of another State party to the Agreement on the European Economic Area shall be granted an exemption permit for a trade listed in Annex A to the Crafts And Crafts Code if a commercial establishment is to be maintained within the scope of the Crafts And Crafts Code and the applicant has pursued the activity in question in another Member State of the EU as follows:
- at least 6 years continuously as a self-employed person or as a farm manager or
- for at least 3 consecutive years as a self-employed person or as a manager of an establishment, after he or she has received training of at least 3 years in the profession in question, or
- at least three consecutive years as a self-employed person and at least five years as an employed person, or
- for at least five consecutive years in a managerial position, of which at least 3 years in an activity with technical tasks and with responsibility for at least one department of the undertaking, after receiving at least three years' training in the profession in question.
Whereas the abovementioned conditions must be satisfied by means of a certificate attesting to the nature and duration of the activity issued by the competent authority of the Member State of origin or of the Member State from which the foreign national comes;
Companies from EU countries that do not have a permanent establishment in Germany have to prove the requirements under craft law for registration as described above, but do not receive any exemption permits. They are registered by the Chambers of Crafts in order to prove their entitlement to practice the craft in Germany. Upon request, you will receive a corresponding certificate.
Who should I contact?
To the responsible Chamber of Crafts (HWK).
Which documents are required?
- Application for an exemption permit pursuant to § 9 of the Law on the Order of Crafts (Handwerksordnung),
- Certificate attesting the nature and duration of the activities of your competent authority in the Member State of origin or the Member State from which the foreign national is based.
What are the fees?
The amount of the fees depends on the fee schedule. Information on this can be obtained from the HWK.
§ 9 Law on the Order of Crafts (Handwerksordnung - HwO).
What else should I know?
Further information on the craft roll can also be found on the website of the HWK Lübeck.
The text was automatically translated based on the German content.