We only need 2 pieces of information from you.
Specify your location to receive regionalized information.
You searched in services/administrative services.
Instruction for caterers
Source: Zuständigkeitsfinder Schleswig-Holstein (Linie6PLus)
The fundamental principles of food handling are conveyed to you in the instruction provided by the Chamber of Commerce and Industry. The subjects covered include hygiene regulations, foodstuff legislation, beer, wine and legislation, beer, wine and milk legislation and the law governing beverage dispensing systems.The Chambers of Commerce and Industry conduct the instruction on food and hygiene provisions and issue a certificate (proof of instruction received). Instruction is in most cases performed in German. The certificate confirming that you have received the instruction (certificate of instruction) will be issued by the Chamber of Commerce and Industry following the instruction session. This certificate is valid throughout Germany. You can apply to be exempt from catering instruction if you have already completed certain state-recognised traineeships by taking an examination before a Chamber of Commerce and Industry, Chamber of Skilled Crafts (), or a craftsman’s guild, and the contents of the catering instruction were a subject of the training and examination.
The catering instruction is carried out and certified by the Chamber of Commerce and Industry (IHK).
- You need to register for the instruction with a Chamber of Commerce and Industry
- The instruction is carried out by the Chamber of Commerce and Industry and lasts approximately 4 to 5 hours.
- You receive the certificate upon completion of the instruction.
- The certificate must be presented when applying for a catering licence
Look up which Chamber of Commerce and Industry (IHK) is the competent authority in your case: Local IHK finder (German only)
Which documents are required?
- Official photo ID for identification at the instruction session
What are the fees?
Fees apply. The fee amounts are set forth in the relevant schedule of fees published by the Chamber of Commerce and Industry.
What deadlines do I have to pay attention to?
The instruction certificate is valid indefinitely.
Applications / forms
- Forms: Registration form
- Online procedure: Online registration possible in some cases
- Written form requirement as per German Civil Code Art.126: No
- Appearance in person required: No
You can find the Chamber of Industry and Commerce responsible for you here: Chamber of Industry and Commerce Jurisdiction Finder
The text was automatically translated based on the German content.
Technically approved by
Deutscher Industrie- und Handelskammertag