We only need 2 pieces of information from you.
Specify your location to receive regionalized information.
You searched in services/administrative services.
Source: Zuständigkeitsfinder Schleswig-Holstein (Linie6PLus)
Public weighing is when goods can be weighed impartially for third parties.
Weighers are publicly appointed and obliged to work on public scales. In order to be publicly appointed, the weigher must
- have the necessary reliability,
- provide evidence of the required expertise by passing an examination at the relevant Weights and Measures Office and
- have reached the age of 18.
Weighers must submit the application for public appointment in writing to the competent authority. The appointment can be limited in content, issued with a condition or time limit or linked to a requirement. The appointment is made by issuing an appointment certificate.
The appointment can only be made for the types of weighing instruments for which the weigher has proven his or her expertise. The appointment is linked to the requirement to observe the "Instructions for Public Weighing" (weighing instructions).
Weighers are sworn by the competent authority to perform their duties conscientiously and impartially before the certificate of appointment is issued.
As a publicly appointed weigher, the authority assigns you a serial number and a stamp for the duration of your work on certain scales. The stamp bears your serial number and the serial number of the competent authority.
Who should I contact?
To the Northern Calibration Directorate.
Which documents are required?
- Identity card or passport,
- certificate of good conduct.
What are the fees?
Fees must be paid for both the examination of expertise and the public appointment in accordance with the Verification Costs Ordinance. Detailed information on this can be obtained from the competent authority.
- Ordinance on the Placing on the Market and Provision of Measuring Instruments on the Market and on their Use and Calibration (Measuring and Calibration Ordinance - MessEV),
- Ordinance on Fees for Metrology and Verification (MessEGebV).
Applications / forms
Weighers can apply for their public appointment at the competent verification authority informally, but in writing.
The text was automatically translated based on the German content.