We only need 2 pieces of information from you.
Specify your location to receive regionalized information.
You searched in services/administrative services.
Applying for approval of animal experiments
Source: Zuständigkeitsfinder Schleswig-Holstein (Linie6PLus)
Animal experiments are only approved if the persons carrying them out can prove that they have the necessary specialist knowledge.
Special requirements apply to certain experiments, i.e. animal experiments on vertebrates, with the exception of experiments in accordance with Section 8 para. 7 no. 2 of the Animal Welfare Act, may only be carried out by persons
- with a university degree in veterinary medicine / medicine or
- with a university degree in natural sciences or
- who have demonstrably acquired the necessary specialist knowledge on the basis of completed vocational training,
may be carried out.
Animal experiments involving surgical interventions on vertebrates may only be carried out by persons with a university degree in
- veterinary medicine / medicine or
- biology - specializing in zoology - if these persons are employed at universities or other scientific institutions,
be carried out.
The competent authority may allow exceptions if proof of the required specialist knowledge is provided by other means.
Who should I contact?
To the Ministry of Agriculture, Rural Areas, Europe and Consumer Protection (MLLEV).
What are the fees?
In Schleswig-Holstein, a fee of 26.00 to 77.00 euros is charged in accordance with the state ordinance on administrative fees. More detailed information can be obtained from the responsible office.
The text was automatically translated based on the German content.