We only need 2 pieces of information from you.
Specify your location to receive regionalized information.
You searched in services/administrative services.
Animals: Slaughter - Appointment of a responsible person authorized to issue instructions
Source: Zuständigkeitsfinder Schleswig-Holstein (Linie6PLus)
If you, as the operator of a slaughtering facility or as a trader, slaughter at least 50 livestock units on average per week or provide workers who feed, stun or bleed animals for slaughter, you must appoint a person authorized to issue instructions to the competent authority who is responsible for compliance with the requirements of the Animal Welfare Act.
In individual cases, operators of the following animal husbandries, facilities and businesses may also be obliged to appoint a responsible person authorized to issue instructions:
- Livestock holdings including horse holdings.
- Facilities in which
- animal experiments are carried out,
- Interventions or treatments are carried out on animals for training, further education or advanced training,
- interventions or treatments are carried out on vertebrate animals for the production, extraction, storage or propagation of substances, products or organisms,
- vertebrate organs or tissues are removed in whole or in part for the purpose of transplantation or the creation of cultures or the examination of isolated organs, tissues or cells,
- vertebrates are killed for scientific purposes or for education, training or further training.
- Facilities and establishments,
- which transport animals on a commercial basis,
- where animals are fed, cared for or housed during transportation.
- Circuses that are not operated on a commercial basis.
Who should I contact?
To the veterinary office (official veterinarian) of the district or city in whose district the business is located.
What are the fees?
What deadlines do I have to pay attention to?
However, work may only begin once the appointment has been made.
§ Section 16 (4a) of the Animal Welfare Act (TierSchG).
What else should I know?
Further information can also be found on the state portal "Agriculture and Environment in Schleswig-Holstein".
The text was automatically translated based on the German content.