We only need 2 pieces of information from you.
Specify your location to receive regionalized information.
You searched in services/administrative services.
Structural fire protection: Test engineer recognition
Source: Zuständigkeitsfinder Schleswig-Holstein (Linie6PLus)
Test engineers for fire protection test and certify compliance with building code requirements for fire protection in their respective specialist area on behalf of the lower building supervisory authority, insofar as this is provided for in the state building code or in regulations based on this law.
Fire safety inspection engineers perform sovereign building inspection tasks. They are independent within the scope of their inspection tasks.
They are only recognized as inspection engineers for fire protection if the general requirements and the special requirements for this specialist area (including proof of professional experience and special knowledge) are fulfilled and proven. The examination procedure for recognition includes a written and an oral examination.
Who should I contact?
To the highest building supervisory authority.
Which documents are required?
- Personal details and the registered office or any branch offices,
- Information on the practice of the profession,
- Information on the fulfillment of the special requirements in accordance with § 16 of the State Ordinance on Test Engineers for Structural Safety, Test Engineers for Fire Protection and Test Experts (PPVO), including five years of experience, execution of special buildings of various types with a higher degree of difficulty in terms of fire protection.
- Birth certificate or certified copy or certified photocopy,
- Curriculum vitae with complete details of professional career up to the date of application,
- certified copy or certified photocopy of final and employment certificates,
- Proof of the application for a certificate of good conduct for submission to an authority (document type O or P) or an equivalent document from a member state of the European Union, which should not be older than three months,
- List of reference objects with at least ten special construction projects of different types.
Upon receipt of the letter requesting the submission of the application documents for recognition, the applicant will receive a letter from the supreme building supervisory authority with an application form and a request to submit the documents and evidence required in accordance with Sections 4, 6 and 16 PPVO.
What are the fees?
The amount of the fee depends on the number of applicants in the respective recognition procedure. The costs are between 3,000.00 euros and 4,000.00 euros. More detailed information can be obtained from the supreme building supervisory authority.
What deadlines do I have to pay attention to?
There is no application deadline.
There is a deadline for submitting the fire protection certificates requested by the examination board; the applicant will be informed of this deadline in the letter of confirmation from the recognizing body.
- State Building Code for the State of Schleswig-Holstein (LBO),
- § Section 2 (1), sections 4, 6, 16-19 of the State Ordinance on Test Engineers for Structural Safety, Test Engineers for Fire Protection and Test Experts (PPVO).
What else should I know?
Fire protection test engineers check and certify the completeness and accuracy of the fire protection certificates, taking into account the capabilities of the local fire department. They must involve the responsible fire protection authority and assess its requirements with regard to the fire protection certificates. Test engineers for fire protection monitor the proper execution of construction work with regard to the fire protection certificates tested and certified by them or another test engineer for fire protection.
The federal states of Berlin, Brandenburg, Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania, Saarland, Saxony, Saxony-Anhalt, Schleswig-Holstein and Thuringia form a joint examination board for the recognition of fire safety inspection engineers/examination experts.
The text was automatically translated based on the German content.