We only need 2 pieces of information from you.
Specify your location to receive regionalized information.
You searched in services/administrative services.
Bookmaker (betting): Permission
Source: Zuständigkeitsfinder Schleswig-Holstein (Linie6PLus)
If you want to place or broker bets on public horse races on a commercial basis as a bookmaker, you need a license.
The license is issued for
- the location where the bets are accepted or brokered,
- for you as the responsible bookmaker and
- for the persons you use to place and broker the bets.
The license may be granted subject to time limits and conditions. A security deposit must also be provided.
Who should I contact?
To the Ministry of Economics, Transport, Labor, Technology and Tourism of the State of Schleswig-Holstein (MWVATT).
Which documents are required?
- Police clearance certificate for submission to an authority in accordance with Section 30 (5) BZRG (not older than three months) from the acting person(s),
- Extract from the central trade register for submission to an authority in accordance with Section 150 (5) GewO,
- Copy of identity card (front and back with clearly recognizable picture),
- Proof of at least two years of practical experience in the bookmaking industry as a bookmaker's assistant to a licensed bookmaker. The applicant may also provide proof of professional aptitude by other means; in this case, a statement from the German Bookmakers Association must be obtained.
- Proof of equity capital in the amount of EUR 25,000.00. The applicant must prove that this is not partly borrowed money or capital from a third-party partnership and
- A floor plan of the betting shop and a copy of the rental agreement (proof of ownership, if applicable) for this business premises.
What are the fees?
Licenses and rejected applications are subject to a fee. The fees are based on the General Fee Schedule of the State Ordinance on Administrative Fees and range between 650.00 and 20,000.00 euros. Detailed information can be obtained from the responsible office.
The fee for bookmakers' assistants is 450.00 euros.
What deadlines do I have to pay attention to?
Applications for extension must be submitted to the competent authority by September 30 of the licensed calendar year.
- § Section 2 of the Racing Betting and Lottery Act (RennwLottG),
- Implementation instructions for the Schleswig-Holstein Racing Betting and Lottery Act (LottGAAnw SH),
- State Ordinance on Administrative Fees (General Fee Tariff) tariff item 11.9 - VwGebV,
- Federal implementation directive on the Racing Betting and Lotteries Act (RennwLottGABest)
What else should I know?
The application for a bookmaker's assistant's license can be submitted at the same time as the initial application for a bookmaker's license. The necessary documents for the assistant must also be submitted with this application.
The business premises (colloquially also referred to as a "betting office") in which the bookmaker or his/her bookmaker's assistants exercise the bookmaking trade must be a closed room which may not be connected to rooms for which a liquor license exists. The placement of bookmakers' shops/subsidiaries in business premises that serve other business purposes, such as lottery stores, bureaux de change, cigar stores, hairdressing salons, may be permitted if, at the discretion of the licensing authority, these premises appear suitable for the exercise of the bookmaking trade.
The business premises must be externally identifiable by a company sign bearing the first and last name of the bookmaker with the addition "Officially licensed bookmaker" (and, if applicable, the further addition "Extension").
The text was automatically translated based on the German content.