We only need 2 pieces of information from you.
Specify your location to receive regionalized information.
You searched in services/administrative services.
Source: Zuständigkeitsfinder Schleswig-Holstein (Linie6PLus)
As a private broadcaster, you require a license in accordance with state law. For broadcasts that
- are organized and distributed in the local area of a public event and in temporal connection with it or
- are offered for facilities, can only be received there and are functionally related to the tasks to be performed in these facilities
a simplified licensing procedure is possible.
Broadcasts for a limited number of residential units or broadcasts in facilities that are limited to one building or a related building complex do not require a license.
A license for nationwide broadcasting may only be granted to a natural or legal person who
- has unlimited legal capacity,
- has not lost the ability to hold public office as a result of a court ruling,
- has not forfeited the fundamental right of freedom of expression in accordance with Article 18 of the Basic Law,
- is not prohibited as an association,
- has its domicile or registered office in the Federal Republic of Germany, another member state of the European Union or another state party to the Agreement on the European Economic Area and can be prosecuted,
- offers the guarantee that it organizes broadcasting in compliance with the statutory provisions and the administrative acts issued on this basis.
A license may not be granted to legal entities under public law, with the exception of churches and universities, their legal representatives and executive employees, as well as political parties and voter associations. The same applies to companies affiliated with the aforementioned under stock corporation law.
Who should I contact?
The Medienanstalt Hamburg/Schleswig-Holstein (MA HSH) is responsible.
Which documents are required?
An application is required that includes the type of broadcasting and the program category, the program duration, the broadcasting technology, the intended broadcasting area and the form of financing, a program scheme and a financing plan.
In addition, a police clearance certificate is required for private individuals. Companies must also submit police clearance certificates for their statutory or legal representatives as well as a partnership agreement.
What are the fees?
The costs depend on the type and scope of the broadcasting event (100,000.00 euros for nationwide television broadcasters).
What deadlines do I have to pay attention to?
- Act on the State Treaty on Broadcasting (RStV) in united Germany and amending the State Broadcasting Act,
- Act on the Interstate Treaty on the Protection of Minors in the Media (JMSchStV) and amending the State Broadcasting Act.
What else should I know?
Whether an electronic information and communication service is to be classified as broadcasting shall be determined by the competent state media authority in agreement with all state media authorities.
The text was automatically translated based on the German content.