We only need 2 pieces of information from you.
Specify your location to receive regionalized information.
You searched in services/administrative services.
offer TV programs nationwide: Permit
Source: Zuständigkeitsfinder Schleswig-Holstein (Linie6PLus)
If you want to offer TV programs nationwide, you need a license from the competent authority of the state in which you have your registered office.
A license for nationwide TV channels may only be issued to a natural or legal person who
- has unlimited legal capacity,
- has not lost the ability to hold public office as a result of a court ruling,
- has not forfeited the fundamental right of freedom of expression in accordance with Article 18 of the Basic Law,
- is not prohibited as an association,
- has its domicile or registered office in the Federal Republic of Germany, another member state of the European Union or another state party to the Agreement on the European Economic Area and can be prosecuted,
- offers the guarantee that it organizes broadcasting in compliance with the statutory provisions and the administrative acts issued on this basis.
A license may not be granted to legal entities under public law, with the exception of churches and universities, their legal representatives and executive employees, as well as political parties and voter associations. The same applies to companies affiliated with the aforementioned under stock corporation law.
Who should I contact?
To the Media Authority Hamburg/Schleswig-Holstein (MA HSH).
Which documents are required?
An application is required that includes the type of broadcasting and the program category, the program duration, the broadcasting technology, the intended broadcasting area and the form of financing, a program scheme and a financing plan.
In addition, a police clearance certificate is required for private individuals. Companies must also submit police clearance certificates for their statutory or legal representatives as well as a partnership agreement.
What are the fees?
The costs depend on the type and scope of the broadcasting event (100,000.00 euros for nationwide television broadcasters). Detailed information can be obtained from the responsible office.
- Act on the State Treaty on Broadcasting (RStV) in united Germany and amending the State Broadcasting Act,
- Act on the Interstate Treaty on the Protection of Minors in the Media (JMSchStV) and amending the State Broadcasting Act.
The text was automatically translated based on the German content.