We only need 2 pieces of information from you.
Specify your location to receive regionalized information.
You searched in services/administrative services.
Substances hazardous to water: Obligation to notify in accordance with Section 40 of the Ordinance on Installations Handling Substances Hazardous to Water (AwSV) for installations handling substances hazardous to water
Source: Zuständigkeitsfinder Schleswig-Holstein (Linie6PLus)
Anyone wishing to construct or substantially modify an installation for handling substances hazardous to water that is subject to mandatory testing or to take measures at this installation that lead to a change in the hazard level must notify the competent authority in writing at least six weeks in advance.
Who should I contact?
To the lower water authority of the district or independent city.
Which documents are required?
The notification must contain information on
- the operator,
- the location and boundaries of the installation
- the substances hazardous to water that are handled in the system,
- the certificates of usability issued by the building authorities and the
- technical and organizational measures that are important for the safety of the installation.
What are the fees?
Detailed information on this can be obtained from the lower water authority of the district or city.
What deadlines do I have to pay attention to?
The notification must be submitted in writing to the lower water authority of the district or independent city at least six weeks in advance.
§ Section 40 of the Ordinance on Installations for Handling Substances Hazardous to Water (AwSV).
Applications / forms
Forms are available for download on the homepage of the lower water authority of the district or the independent city.
What else should I know?
Notification is not required for the construction of
- Installations for which a suitability assessment is requested in accordance with Section 63 of the Federal Water Act (WHG),
- other installations that are the subject of an approval procedure under other legislation (e.g. under the Federal Immission Control Act or building law), provided that compliance with the requirements of the AwSV is also ensured in the approval procedure.
In these procedures, the participation of the competent authority can be ensured within the authorities.
Further information can be found at
- the lower water authorities of the districts and independent cities,
- Ministry for Energy Transition, Climate Protection, Environment and Nature of the State of Schleswig-Holstein (MEKUN)
The text was automatically translated based on the German content.