We only need 2 pieces of information from you.
Specify your location to receive regionalized information.
You searched in services/administrative services.
Take the Dangerous Goods Adviser exam
Source: Zuständigkeitsfinder Schleswig-Holstein (Linie6PLus)
As soon as a company is involved in the transport of dangerous goods, a dangerous goods adviser must be appointed. The training certificate of the dangerous goods adviser must correspond to the mode of transport on which the company transports dangerous goods.
There are training courses and examinations for the
- Road traffic
- Rail transport
- Inland waterway transport and
- Maritime transport
You can take the exam as an initial examination, supplementary examination and repeat examination. During the initial inspection, you must provide proof of at least 22.5 hours of training for the tested mode of transport. If you already have a certificate, but would like to extend it to an additional mode of transport, take the so-called supplementary examination. For this, you must provide proof of 7.5 hours of training for the additional mode of transport. If you have a certificate of training that is about to expire, you can take an extension exam. For this, you must present your proof of training.
For the exam, please note the following points:
- The duration of the test depends on the number of modes of transport tested. It is between 100 minutes (one mode of transport) and 250 minutes (maximum four modes of transport) for the basic test and between 50 and a maximum of 125 minutes for the extension test. The duration of the supplementary examination is between 50 minutes (one mode of transport) and 150 minutes (maximum three modes of transport).
- The examination shall be carried out in writing. As a tool, you can use the relevant regulatory texts for the respective modes of transport as well as a non-programmable calculator. The use of other electronic aids is not permitted.
You can take the exam at any IHK in Germany, regardless of the training center and your place of residence.
First, you will complete training for the desired mode of transport or modes of transport with a private provider.
- After participating in the training, you register online or in writing for the examination at an IHK.
- The IHK confirms your examination registration after examining your documents.
- You take the examination on site at the IHK.
- The exam is passed if at least 50% of the maximum score specified in the respective examination questionnaire has been achieved.
After successful completion of the examination, you will be issued with the training certificate as a dangerous goods safety adviser and you can work as a dangerous goods safety adviser.
You can find the Chamber of Industry and Commerce responsible for you here: IHK Responsibility Finder
- Completed training with a recognized training operator for the respective mode of transport of at least 22.5 hours
- Unexpired training certificate for the respective mode of transport
- Valid proof of training
- Proof of supplementary course for modes of transport to be tested of at least 7.5 hours duration
Which documents are required?
For basic, supplementary and repeat examinations:
- Copy of the course confirmation of the training organizer, the original must be submitted to the IHK on the day of the examination
For supplementary and extension examinations:
- the copy of the current training certificate for dangerous goods officers, the original must be submitted to the IHK on the day of the examination
What are the fees?
The examination fee is based on the applicable fee tariff of the IHK at which you take the examination.
What deadlines do I have to pay attention to?
The training certificate is valid for five years from the passing of the basic examination.
As a rule, you will receive your notification about passing or failing the exam about 2 weeks after taking the exam.
Section 3 (1)
§ 6 Dangerous Goods Officers Ordinance (GbV)
- In some Länder: Objection
- Administrative court proceedings
- For more details, please refer to the notification about
- Passing/failing the exam
Applications / forms
- Forms: Registration form for the examination for dangerous goods officers of the respective IHK
- Online procedure possible: partially (at registration)
- Written form required: no
- Personal appearance required: yes (at the exam)
The exam questions are selected from a pool of questions. The entire pool of questions can be found on the homepage of the Association of German Chambers of Industry and Commerce:
The text was automatically translated based on the German content.
Technically approved by
Association of German Chambers of Industry and Commerce
Professionally released on