We only need 2 pieces of information from you.
Specify your location to receive regionalized information.
You searched in services/administrative services.
Apply for certificates of origin and other certifications required for foreign trade from the Chamber of Commerce and Industry
Source: Zuständigkeitsfinder Schleswig-Holstein (Linie6PLus)
In some countries, customs authorities, banks or companies in the country of import require certificates of origin and possibly other trade documents certified by the Chamber of Commerce and Industry (IHK) when importing goods. A certificate of origin tells where the goods originate from.
As an exporter, you can apply to your local Chamber of Commerce and Industry for a certificate of origin or the certification of a trade document such as a commercial invoice.
Applications may be submitted in person, by post or by electronic means to the Service Centre of your Chamber of Commerce and Industry. To register for the online procedure with the local Chamber of Commerce and Industry, send an email request for a registration code.
The Chamber of Commerce and Industry checks the given details for accuracy and then issues the document very soon afterwards. A charge is made for issuance and/or certification. The amount charged depends on the catalogue of charges fixed by the respective Chamber of Commerce and Industry.
You may apply for a certificate of origin or certification of a commercial document either online or in writing.
- Send an email to the Chamber of Commerce and Industry responsible for your case (IHK) requesting authorisation to use the online application.
- Fill out the online form electronically and submit it to your local IHK via the app.
- The IHK checks your details for accuracy and completeness.
- The IHK can require further details and documents from you as proof of the correctness of the information given in your application.
- After verifying the details, the IHK issues the certificate of origin and/or certifies the commercial document with an electronic signature.
- The IHK posts the certified document in the online app.
- You may print out the document as required.
- Fill in and sign the application form.
- Send your application by post or hand it in at your Chamber of Commerce and Industry's (IHK) local Service Centre.
- The IHK checks your details for correctness and completeness.
- The IHK may require you to provide further information and documents as proof of the correctness of the details given in the application.
- After verifying the information, the IHK issues the certificate of origin and/or certifies the trade document.
The certified document is then returned to you by post.
Who should I contact?
You must be able to prove the origin of the goods.
Which documents are required?
Evidence of the origin of the goods. Such proof may include:
- Manufacturer's declaration of their inhouse production of the goods
- Certificates of origin from a different Chamber of Commerce and Industry
- Form A certificate of origin (from developing countries)
- EUR preferential movement certificate
- Preferential certificate of origin according to format specifications as per EU free trade agreements
- Supplier declarations according to EU Regulation 2015/2447
Please enquire at the competent Chamber of Commerce and Industry as to what documents are required in your particular case
What are the fees?
Charges: EUR 5 – 25
What deadlines do I have to pay attention to?
- A few minutes in the online procedure.
- Usually a few days in the written procedure.
- Appeal or administrative court action, depending on the law of the country.
Applications / forms
- Set of forms "Certificate of origin – application for issuance of / original / copy" or online app (German only)
- Online procedure available: Yes
- Written form requirement as per German Civil Code Art.126: No
- Appearance in person required: No
Here you can find the web application for the electronic application:
The text was automatically translated based on the German content.
Technically approved by
Deutscher Industrie- und Handelskammertag