We only need 2 pieces of information from you.
Specify your location to receive regionalized information.
You searched in services/administrative services.
Vocational training: Final examination
Source: Zuständigkeitsfinder Schleswig-Holstein (Linie6PLus)
The vocational training relationship ends at the end of the training period and the successful completion of a final examination before the examination board(s) of the chamber responsible for the vocational training.
Admission to the final examination is granted to those who have completed their training period and can provide evidence of all other requirements (e.g. intermediate examination).
Furthermore, anyone who has been trained in a recognized training occupation at a vocational training institution (e.g. youth development center) will be admitted.
In the case of outstanding performance, admission to the final examination may be granted before the end of the regular training period.
The trainee will receive a written certificate after successfully passing his/her final examination. This marks the end of the training relationship.
Who should I contact?
To the chamber responsible for your vocational training. This can be
- the Chamber of Skilled Crafts (HWK) for vocational training in professions under the Crafts Code,
- the Chamber of Industry and Commerce (IHK) for vocational training in non-trade occupations,
- the Chamber of Agriculture for vocational training in agricultural and rural domestic science professions,
- the Chamber of Lawyers, Patent Attorneys and Notaries as well as the Notary's Office for the vocational training of specialists in the field of law,
- the Chamber of Auditors and the Chamber of Tax Consultants for the vocational training of professionals in the field of auditing and tax consultancy,
- the Chambers of Physicians, Dentists, Veterinarians and Pharmacists for the vocational training of healthcare professionals.
Other responsibilities, e.g. for bodies in the public sector, churches and other religious communities, are regulated in Sections 72 - 75 of the Federal Training Act (BBiG).
What are the fees?
Information on fees can be obtained from the relevant chamber.
§§ 39 ff. in conjunction with § 71 of the Vocational Training Act (BBiG).
Applications / forms
To register for the final examination, you must complete a registration/application form and submit it to your relevant chamber. Please contact your competent chamber for this.
What else should I know?
The final examination result is communicated by the examination board on the day of the oral examination. The provisional examination results of the final written examinations can usually be accessed online. For data protection reasons, the examination results or candidate numbers may not be communicated by telephone.
Trainees must be released from work to take examinations. The trainee's training allowance will continue to be paid for the period of leave.
People with disabilities should indicate their special needs when registering for the final examination so that these can be taken into account when the final examination is conducted.
Information about the final examination can also be found on the websites of the relevant chambers.
The text was automatically translated based on the German content.