We only need 2 pieces of information from you.
Specify your location to receive regionalized information.
You searched in services/administrative services.
Recognition of training provider regarding the conducting of training courses for safety advisors for the transport of dangerous goods
Source: Zuständigkeitsfinder Schleswig-Holstein (Linie6PLus)
This requires an application to the Chamber of Commerce and Industry responsible for your area. In your application, you must:
- indicate the area of recognition sought (road transport, inland waterway transport, rail transport, maritime transport);
- include a timetable for each part of the training course
- indicate the available instruction material, visual material;
As a training provider, you must have premises suitable for conducting the theoretical instruction units of the part-practical components as well as the necessary training material. In addition, your training instructors must possess appropriate field-related and teaching qualifications.
The responsible Chamber of Commerce and Industry is entitled to inspect your premises and the training material. The Chamber of Commerce and Industry can also contact the persons you have indicated as training instructors in order to arrange appointments for any additional assessment interviews that may be required.
If the requirements are met, official recognition will be notified by the locally responsible Chamber of Commerce and Industry. This notification will state the transport modes for which you are permitted to run training courses.
You first apply to your local Chamber of Commerce and Industry (, IHK) for recognition as a training provider.
- The IHK first checks the submitted documents such as training course content and instruction material.
- If required, IHK representatives will visit the training premises to verify their suitability. If necessary, assessment meetings will take place with the training personnel.
- After the documents and the training facilities have been assessed, you will receive notification of the decision on recognition from the IHK.
After your training facility has been recognised, you are allowed to provide training courses for dangerous goods safety advisors within the scope of the licence.
- Suitable premises, facilities and equipment
- Suitable instruction material
- Qualified training personnel
Which documents are required?
- Course content/sample lesson plan (timetable) for the training courses containing the following information:
- training unit time schedule (with breaks)
- topics covered by the training incl. scheduled time frames
- method of instruction (e.g. lecture, discussions/discussion groups, technical media, videos/lectures, exercises)
- Documentation of the employed training instructors as proof of their fieldrelated expertise and teaching proficiency
- Curriculum vitae
- Proof of general knowledge of dangerous goods transport legislation
- Proof of specialist knowledge for the individual parts of the training
- Proof of competency in imparting knowledge to adults in a training context
- Presentation of a valid training certificate for the mode(s) of transport on which to be trained
- Declaration of willingness to act as a training instructor
If applicable, further documents as required by your Chamber of Commerce and Industry (IHK)
What are the fees?
The fee for obtaining the recognition depends on the applicable schedule of fees at the local Chamber of Commerce and Industry.
Depending on the documents submitted, the application should be reviewed within three weeks of receipt. An assessment interview with the training instructors may possibly prolong the processing time.
- In some German federal states: appeal
- Administrative court action
- More detailed information is contained in the notification informing you of whether you have passed or failed the exam
Applications / forms
- Forms: Application as stipulated by the responsible Chamber of Commerce and Industry (IHK)
- Online procedure possible: No
- Written form requirement as per German Civil Code Art.126: Yes
- Appearance in person required: Yes (in particular to assess qualifications of training instructors)
What else should I know?
The procedure can only be carried out in German.
On the homepage of the locally responsible Chamber of Industry and Commerce, information on how to submit an application is provided.
General information on the subject of dangerous goods safety advisors can be found on the website of the Association of German Chambers of Industry and Commerce:
DIHK Dangerous Goods Safety Advisor
The text was automatically translated based on the German content.
Technically approved by
Deutscher Industrie- und Handelskammertag
Professionally released on