We only need 2 pieces of information from you.
Specify your location to receive regionalized information.
You searched in services/administrative services.
Apply for a storage permit for explosive substances
Source: Zuständigkeitsfinder Schleswig-Holstein (Linie6PLus)
In principle, a permit is required for the storage of explosive substances in accordance with the Explosives Act (SprengG). The following are subject to approval
- the construction and operation of warehouses in which explosive substances are to be stored for commercial purposes, as well as
- significant changes to the nature or operation of such storage facilities.
The permit also includes other official decisions relating to storage, in particular building regulations. For storage facilities that are part of an installation requiring a permit under Section 4 of the Federal Immission Control Act, the permit under the Federal Immission Control Act includes the permit under the Explosives Act.
The content of the permit may be restricted and subject to conditions if this is necessary, in particular to ensure precautions against risks to life, health and property. Conditions may be subsequently amended and supplemented.
The Federal Ministry of Labor and Social Affairs may determine by statutory order that certain explosive substances may be stored in whole or in limited quantities without a permit under specified conditions. The prerequisite is that the type, extent and duration of the hazards caused by this storage are compatible with the protection of employees or third parties.
Who should I contact?
To the State Occupational Safety and Health Authority at the Unfallkasse Nord for storage quantities of less than 10 tons (net principle).
To the State Office for Agriculture, Environment and Rural Areas (LLUR) for storage quantities of 10 tons and more.
Which documents are required?
The following documents should be attached to the application for a storage permit in accordance with Section 17 of the Explosives Act, stating the type and quantity of explosive substances (BAM group, storage group, compatibility group):
- Map with marked storage site,
- Floor plan of the storage site with escape and rescue routes and storage area(s),
- Building description,
- Fire protection concept in accordance with industrial building guidelines with floor plan and location of safety equipment (such as extinguishing equipment),
- Concept for the prevention of incidents with safety management,
- Company details, address and contact person of the company.
What are the fees?
The amount of the permit fee depends on the type and scope of the storage facility. The fee range is between 100.00 euros and 2,500.00 euros. Fees of between EUR 50.00 and EUR 1,250.00 are charged for significant changes to an existing warehouse.
What deadlines do I have to pay attention to?
The warehouse may not be put into operation until a permit has been issued.
- § Section 17 Law on Explosive Substances (Explosives Act - SprengG),
- Second Ordinance to the Explosives Act (2nd SprengV).
What else should I know?
The 2nd Ordinance to the Explosives Act contains exceptions which, depending on the type and quantity of the substances, constitute the legal exemption from the licensing requirement.
The text was automatically translated based on the German content.