We only need 2 pieces of information from you.
Specify your location to receive regionalized information.
You searched in services/administrative services.
Source: Zuständigkeitsfinder Schleswig-Holstein (Linie6PLus)
If you wish to hold an auction, you must notify us in writing.
If you want to auction unused goods, one of the following exceptions must apply:
- The goods come from
- an estate,
- an insolvency estate or
- a business closure or
- the goods are sold by public auction on the basis of statutory provisions.
No notification is required for the auction of agricultural inventory, agricultural and forestry products or livestock.
Who should I contact?
- To the responsible municipal, local or city administration and
- to the relevant Chamber of Industry and Commerce (IHK).
Which documents are required?
- Details of the place and time of the auction,
- Description of the type of goods,
- Declaration that only used goods are to be auctioned. If there are any doubts about this, you may be asked to provide appropriate evidence.
- License certificate for the auctioneer trade pursuant to Section 34 b (1) of the Trade, Commerce and Industry Regulation Act, if not already available.
- Details of the location of the auctioned property up to the date of the auction,
- Indication of the viewing times,
- Assurance that a copy of the notification including documents will also be sent to the competent Chamber of Industry and Commerce.
The following additional information or documents are required for the auction of unused items:
- If it is a public auction: Proof of public appointment as auctioneer (Section 383 (3) of the German Civil Code - BGB).
- The reason for the auction and the names and addresses of the clients,
- Assurance that the auction is not connected in time or space with another sales event. Exception: It is a clearance sale due to the closure of a business.
What are the fees?
What deadlines do I have to pay attention to?
The notification must be made no later than 14 days before the auction date. The date of receipt of your auction notice is decisive for compliance with this deadline.
In exceptional cases, particularly in the case of perishable auction goods, the authority may shorten the deadline upon request.
§ Section 3 of the Ordinance on Commercial Auctions (Auction Ordinance - VerstV).
What else should I know?
You may only start a new auction at the location of the previous auction if the previous auction ended at least five working days ago. No auction may exceed six working days (Section 3 (3) VerstV).
The text was automatically translated based on the German content.